The new year is well and truly rolling along – we can hardly believe it’s already mid-February! – and it’s time to start planning for our Service Learning trips to Zimbabwe. This summer we are opening up TWO trips to serve and learn alongside our partners in the rural community of Gudo. The trips will focus on completing a community health care clinic as well as integrating cross-cultural leadership development for trip participants and community members alike. Here’s a bit more info for you:
- Trip #1: Depart July 2nd – Return July 17th.
- Trip #2: Depart July 24th – Return August 8th.
- Total trip cost: $2,175 (see cost breakdown below).
- Each trip is open to 11 participants; so 22 openings in all.
- All trip participants will have the option to fundraise for their expenses, and we will set an additional fundraising goal for the building project (we’ll use StayClassy to create personal fundraising pages).
- A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 secures your spot on a trip.
- Once the trip teams are finalized, we will hold several pre-trip conference calls to cover all questions, concerns and planning needs.
So if you’re ready to head to Zimbabwe with us, here’s how to secure your spot on one of the trips:
- Place your $1,000 deposit via EF’s StayClassy account.
- In the comment box, indicate the trip for which you are signing up.
- Remember, Trip #1 runs from 7/2 to 7/17 and Trip #2 runs from 7/24 to 8/8.
- Please let us know if you have any questions!!
We fully understand it’s a big commitment, so if you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. We will gladly talk to you about any and all aspects of the trip. See you in Zimbabwe!
- – -
- Total cost: $2,175 (this includes $1,000 deposit to secure trip placement)
- Pre-trip orientation.
- Pre-trip travel help (if needed).
- All meals during the trip.
- In-country transportation.
- Arrival and project-site orientation.
- Safari/bush excursion (to be decided by group).
- 24-hour in-country support from experienced staff.
- Medical and travel insurance.
What’s NOT included:
- Flights to and from Harare, Zimbabwe.
- Entry visa ($30 in U.S. currency).
- Additional food, drink and gratuities.
- Personal kit.
- Domestic/International airport taxes.
- Extracurricular shopping activities.